Saturday, September 1, 2012

SUNDAY SNAPS: Week 5

SUNDAY SNAPS is right around the corner and look at me being all proactive!  My co-host, Sarah, is vacationing in Michigan and she is depending on me to have my act together...I am not going to let her down!  This linky party is happening ON TIME this week...no excuses!

Today is my daddy's 63rd birthday.  We celebrated last night with a nice dinner out.  After we got our drinks, my mom said "We have to have a toast."  Dad's choice of toasts was "Here's to being alive."  It was classic Chuck, trust me.  My dad prefers to keep things pretty private, so I won't go into a bunch of detail, but the last few years have been truly rough health wise...he is climbing a lot of hurdles.  Based on events about 13 months ago, we are beyond blessed to have him with us today.  Always remember that a few minutes can be all that it takes to alter the course of your life....never take those that you love for granted.  Tomorrow is never promised!  I love you, Daddy and look forward to many more years of birthdays!

Here is the lone photo that I snapped from last night.  It was monumental because it was the first and only take.  My mom has a really nasty habit of closing her eyes during pictures....take after take.  So, the fact that this was the first and only picture snapped was pretty awesome in my book!


My parents celebrating my dad's 63rd
Hope you are all enjoying your long Labor Day Weekend!  Don't forget to link up...you have until Friday!  The link up will be open Sunday at 12:01 AM and will include my featured pics from last week's SUNDAY SNAPS.


A Beautiful Day

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Great link up! I just may have to do that next time! :) And happy birthday to your dad!!Thank you for stopping by my blog! I really would love to go to the meet up Saturday. I just hope it isn't too late to sign up. I will know if I can go for sure tomorrow.
    Have a wonderful day!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to your dad! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...that's great you got to have such a special celebration on your Dad's birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!