Thursday, December 20, 2012

Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories: December Edition

It is the third Thursday of DECEMBER and time to share a bit of holiday goodness from Katie.  Can't tell you how much I love this fun and festive holiday layout she did, and what a great introduction to her holiday pages!

Photobucket
Hi everyone!

I cannot believe that it is already the last Thursday before Christmas! I have no idea where this month went!

Are you all ready for Christmas yet? I am not! All of my presents were shipped to New York, so when I get in tomorrow evening, I'll have to wrap everything (and look through it to see just what I bought for everyone!)

But, despite all the hustle and bustle of the season, I did manage to fit in some Christmas scrapping.

For this layout, I used a mambitKIT (this one). I don't normally scrap from a kit, but it definitely makes scrapping at this time of year much easier.

I decided to feature some of my favorite shots from this month - the tree at Daley Plaza, the Christkindlemarket, clementines (called "cuties" here in Chicago - I just love that!) and the white Christmas lights near my apartment.


I really like these kind of "wrap up" layouts for a season like this. This page will be used as an opener to start out the Christmas pages in my album. Then, I will add my pages about Daley Plaza/Christkindlemarket, Zoo Lights and our neighborhood's decorations after this.

Do you ever create month-in-review or wrap ups for your scrapbook?

Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

13 comments:

  1. Great layout, Katie!
    I love to do intro or wrap up pages for my albums.
    Sometimes yearly or monthly.
    And I also like to do them for travel albums as well.
    Great idea to do it for your Christmas pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love wrap up pages too. I should start them for my travel albums (you know, the next time I travel!)

      Delete
  2. what an awesome page!! great job katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Katie! Doing a wrap up layout is a great idea, especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! We've done so much this season, I wanted to be able to get it all. Although its all in PL too :)

      Delete
  4. Love this layout! Great idea-and we call them "cuties" here in Ohio too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that everyone calls them cuties here! It just makes them seem extra fun!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this share Jules! What a great page. I must admit, I only just finished 2011 book for dd...still just a year behind ;)
    I love to see what other scrapbook lovers are up to!
    *anna
    oceannah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always behind too Anna, I just scrap whatever I feel motivated to scrap, which is usually what just happened!

      Delete
  6. That is a great layout! Kits can make life a lot easier when you're already busy! Have a wonderful time in NY! It will be fun looking through everything you bought for everyone then wrapping it. I'm done with that part but we are hosting so I have cleaning, cooking, food shopping a little more baking to do!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!