Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Mantel Reveal

So, in this post I was debating on whether or not to put up my Christmas tree this year.  Well, I decided to forego the tree this year.  I am not feeling like the Grinch, just don't want to be battling my possessed precious fur babies to keep the tree upright in my tiny apartment.  Instead of focusing on the tree, I poured all my energy into my mantel.  Honestly, in years past it was never anything to write home about.  Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I LOVE how it turned out!  I also did it on the cheap, which makes it all the more wonderful.

I borrowed vases and a candle that we purchased for my mom's 60th surprise birthday and filled them with ornaments that I got at Michael's for 70% off .


I grabbed two printables from Pinterest and displayed them in frames that I already had.



The focus of the mantel was this Santa and reindeer that I adore.  I usually have it on my coffee table, but again, I was afraid that the kitties would find it irresistible.


My mom also loaned me two boxes of beautiful gold ornaments that she wasn't using.  I filled a glass container that I already had and scattered the remainder of them on the mantel.


I also made another banner, using the templates provided by the ladies at Shanty 2 Chic.  So easy, but definitely adds a punch to your decorating!



And finally, here is the finished product:



I would love to know what you think, and would love to see your Christmas mantel if you have it posted.  Just leave me a link in the comments and I will check it out.

I am linking up with Layla and Kevin at The Lettered Cottage for their mantel link-party.  These two have mad decorating skills, so me having anything to link up with them is once in a lifetime!
The Lettered Cottage

Also linking up with Danielle @ Silver Pennies for the Home For the Holidays: Mantels Link Party.
 

 
On a completely unrelated note, today I bought myself a Christmas / birthday present.  The deal of the day at Michael's was the Scotch ATG for 50% off!  If you are crafty and use TONS of adhesive like me,  you will know what a great find this was.  And not only that, I got an additional 20% off because it was my birthday month.  Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me....all for the bargain price of $17.31.  Regularly price $39.99 + tax.

15 comments:

  1. Love your mantel! I'm not finished with mine yet but I hope to post a pic of it next week! :) I love how you were able to save money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful Julie! I am jealous ... we don't have a mantel at the new house and that's always my favorite area to decorate :( I will try to post some pictures this weekend of my "substitute mantel"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I love it!!!!! I love the banners! The stars! The vases! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love how you decorated, it is so festive! I wish we had a mantle to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mantel!! I don't have one in our current home but it's on my *wishlist* for the next house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out beautifully Julie, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the banner you made! It turned out so pretty! Your mantel is so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fantastic! I love it, especially with the dark red wall behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie! Hopped over from Cookies for Breakfast and am a new follower! The mantle looks really profesh, in my opinion! Love that banner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very pretty mantel!
    I love the printables in the frames. Nice touch!
    And I am a sucker for ornaments in jars or bowls :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgosh jules -- you are amazing! that is simply lovely!

    merry merry!
    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the Christmas tree word print. It goes perfectly in that frame. And the Santa and Reindeer – where did you get that? So awesome!! Your mantle came out amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fun and festive mantel. I love the banners. Thanks so much for sharing it at our Home for the Holidays link party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the mantel looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!