Thursday, September 26, 2013

Orlando 2013: A Girl's Weekend Part 2

OK....time for Part 2 of the Florida girl's weekend.  If you missed part one you can find it here.  We got a pretty slow start as we had stayed up way too late the night before, but hey, it was vacay!

My morning started out with this sweet face staring at me (I did warn you yesterday that I was in love with a dog....I wasn't kidding)...


I was dying to get "my toes in the water and my ass in the sand" so we made the hour drive to New Smyrna Beach.....but before we hit the beach we grabbed lunch at Charley's, which was beachside...



Finally, white sand + blue/green ocean = a little bit of HEAVEN....


Used the BGC  (big girl camera) for these 
Me, Jennifer and Megan

After an afternoon at the beach, we stopped by a little hole in the wall bar for a drink before heading back to Orlando....Jennifer and I found this place on my last visit to FL - not much had changed...



Sometime during afternoon conversation, Jennifer mentioned that Orlando has a Giordano's Pizza - HELLO!!!!  Dinner was a no brainer.  Rewind to the first girl's weekend in Chicago, where a cheese pizza was ordered from Giordano's on the way to catch our flight.  It ended up riding  in our laps and I was the only one that was able to scarf down a piece in the cab because let's just say that everyone in the cab didn't respond as well to the St. Patrick's Day bar crawl the day before, as I did.....true story.  Luckily, Friday night, we put that all behind us and cheese pizza to die for was enjoyed by all!



We ended the night.with a fantastic card game. I have no picture (well, I do - but the one I have is beyond inappropriate), but if you love to laugh, and can appreciate crude and/or inappropriate...run don't walk to get this game: Cards Against Humanity.  You can get it on Amazon and there are now two editions of expansion cards that you can get.  We went through the whole box in one night, but I really think that you could play many times with the original version and it would still be a whole lot of fun!  Be warned...it does get raunchy!!!  Unless you have seriously cool parents, you would probably not feel comfortable playing with them....trust me on this.

That wraps up Day 2....but I hope you will come back for days 3 and 4 next week.  Tomorrow will be the monthly installment of In Focus Friday w/Kaeley from My Mind's Lens.

8 comments:

  1. It looked amazing! The beach was stunning and you ladies looked like you were truly enjoying yourselves! That pizza...oh my goodness. Wow!!!! I'm off to look up that card game! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun fun fun! Love the pictures with your BGC and all of you looked too cute. I love small dive bars and dang that pizza makes me hungry. So you need to bring that game to our house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks delicious! And, as a big fan of the beach, your beach photos look beautiful! I am so jealous.....I need a good vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to New Smyrna in probably 18 years but I remember it being a small but beautiful little beach town-looks like you guys had a blast. That pizza looks delish. So glad you had a nice getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to New Smyrna in probably 18 years but I remember it being a small but beautiful little beach town-looks like you guys had a blast. That pizza looks delish. So glad you had a nice getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beach, I can just imagine my toes in the water and MY ass in the sand too! Mike and I are headed to Chicago in a couple of weeks, is that the best deep dish to try out? That card game sounds FUN! My parents love raunchy, so I might have to tell them about it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beach looks AWESOME! And now I'm humming Zac Brown Band...hopefully that will get me through the rest of the day!

    The pizza looks great too! I am so jealous! I so miss the food in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time was had :)
    That beach looks so inviting :)
    I have to check out this game ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!