I must admit I was excited to join the Texxas Women Bloggers group, but I have to be honest I have not been great about keeping up with what has been going on....shame on me!!!! Sometimes, life just gets the better of me and things fall through the cracks...I am only human. Anyway, I was reading Holli's post today and it looked like a fun link up, so I am jumping on the bandwagon.
1. If you make money with your blog, how do you do it? I don't. If you do, I say more power to you - I think it is great. Personally, I don't want to invest the time and energy that it would take to get things going. I am also not a fan of ads all over my blog. I am all for giving companies that I 100% believe in a bit of space, but that is my choice and I am happy to do that free of charge.
2. How do you increase your blog readership? There was a time when I was all about getting to that special number. These days, not so much. I participated in giveaways and now you will more often find me doing a link up or two. It just isn't as important to me anymore. Don't get me wrong - I love when I notice that a new Follower has popped up and even more excited if they comment so that I get to know them a bit better. I have met the most incredible women through blogging and some I am lucky enough to even call dear, true friends. For that, I will always be thankful that I started blogging....whether I have 5 or 1005 readers, you just never know what gems are hiding in the group, just waiting to be discovered!
3. If you aren't originally from Texas, what brought you here? I am originally from Kentucky. My family moved here in August of 1977 (yes, I realize that some of you weren't even born). My dad was getting his Masters Degree and he decided on Southern Methodist University. We have been in the metroplex ever since. A little interesting tidbit....my parents and I made the move in a blue VW Beetle....the back seat was laid down with a little pallet for me to lay down on and boxes packed to the top all around me. We made our way through Memphis on August 16th, the day "The King" died on his throne. ELVIS people, even the youngsters should know that one.
4. If someone were to hand you $10,000 (no strings attached), what would you do with it? I would pay off my car, a few bills, take Zachary on a wonderful vacation and save the rest for a rainy day!
5. If you were a color, what color would you be? I would be hot pink....I love it. Although most of my clothes end up being black, I do have a few things that are hot pink and you can frequently find my toenails sporting a fabulous shade of pink!
6. What are your blogging strengths? Weaknesses? Strengths? I would have to say that I tell things like they are. I definitely don't share everything on my blog, but what I do share is never sugar coated...that just isn't me. As far as the weakness part goes, well that is simple....I am very inconsistent. Sometimes, I really just don't have anything to say that I think that anyone would be interested in and other times I have plenty to say but just have a hard time making myself sit down to do it. Not a great weakness to have when you blog, but at least I know that about myself and don't let it get the best of me. I really beat myself up over it when I started blogging, but have since learned to ease up on myself. After all, when it is no longer fun and feels more like a chore, you should probably stop.
You have now learned probably way more than you ever wanted to know about me, but it was kind of fun! Thanks for stopping by!