Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Orlando 2013: A Girl's Weekend Part 1

Just a little background on these sweet ladies that I spent time with in Orlando a couple of weekends ago.  I met them both at my current job.  They moved on, but we fortunately have stayed friends.  Although, it would be safe to say that they are at different places in their lives than me (relatively newly married and no kids), we manage to stay in touch and I love them both to pieces.  Megan lives close, but with crazy schedules and work, we have to make a concerted effort to get together now and then to touch base and catch up.  Jennifer lives in Orlando and her and her hubby opened their beautiful lakeside home to Megan and I and played hosts for the weekend. Unfortunately, it is not unusual for us to go years in between visits....BOOOO!

Anyway, it was a great trip even though it flew by way to fast!  Prepare for a picture dump of epic proportion (spread out over several days).....I thought the pictures would tell a better story!

I arrived just after lunch time on Thursday...unfortunately Megan wasn't coming in until much later in the evening, but Jennifer and I made the best of the day and kicked the trip off right.  Lunch and a delish sangria for me at 310....


and then the rest of afternoon at "The Wine Room"....


where I found this delicious Chardonnay (oh, and did I mention it was c.h.e.a.p?)


We were missing one.....BOO!


Then we headed back to the house to enjoy this view.....


And finally...there were three (oops....I mean 4)!


The drink master made sure our glasses were never empty (aka Chris, Jenn's hubby)


Not sure exactly what this was, but it was good!


That about wraps up day one.  Yes, the drinks were flowing...but hey, don't judge....we were on vacation and yes, I did fall in love with a three pound dog!  Stay tuned....there will be more.  All of the above were taken with my obviously not so awesome camera phone....sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun already!!! What a gorgeous view and that dog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!
    Can't wait to see more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, what a view! Can you imagine waking up to THAT every day? Love the pups, so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! That wine room looked AWESOME! Can I have one of those in my house?!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!