Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Great Saturday

Saturday was a really good day.  I loved every single bit of...except that short five minutes when I thought I lost my wallet at AMC Grapevine Mills...that part was definitely NO BUENO!!!!

I started out the morning with a much overdue pedicure...my feet were truly a disaster.


Then Zach and I headed to the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine.  My little guy is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to all things saltwater fish related.  I was amazed at all the details he could give me on pretty much every tank we visited.  Now, if I could only get him that passionate about his school work!!!  Here are a few pictures from the aquarium.....


Star fish in the touch tank

Lion Fish....one of Zach's favorites

Eels!!!!

Shark and a giant turtle

Nautilus...these were really cool

Our next stop was the movies.  We saw Dark Knight Rises.  I admit, as a result of the horrific tragedy in Aurora earlier in the week I was a little hesitant, but made the decision to go ahead.  It was really good and Zach had the ending figured out well before I did...sometimes he is just clever like that.  I really enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.  Although I am not a huge fan of Christian Bale, he did a really good job and Anne Hathaway was awesome and seriously rocked that catsuit!!!


As I was looking for the Dark Knight Rises image I stumbled across this statement from Christopher Nolan, who directed the movie...thought it was noteworthy:

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."
-Christopher Nolan
 As we were heading home, Zach and I decided to pick up a pizza from his favorite place: i Fratelli.  Their pizza is seriously yummy!  It was a great finish to a great day spent with my favorite guy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a great weekend! I always love going out to do things that I don't normally do, like visiting an aquarium or zoo. And I can't wait to see The Dark Knight Rises! The horrible tragedy here definitely gave me pause and I can't even begin to describe my feelings about it, but I am trying not to allow someone to terrorize me out of living life the way I want to.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!