Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Seriously One of Those Days

To say this week at work has been challenging, might be a wee bit of an exageration....ok, actually not.  I have honestly felt like a human fire extinguisher.  I cannot remember a time when things have been quite this crazy.  All week it has just been one thing after the next.  I am grateful that I have known how to solve the problems or at least who to call to get the answers, but sheesh....does it have to be all at once???  I am sure that alot of it has to do with the fact that our company was purchased at the beginning of the year.  We are still working out a lot of the kinks on both sides....not to mention our busy season is in full swing.  Coincidence or not...who knows, but as of Friday at 4 PM I am on vacation!!!  I am one of those people that likes to have all the loose ends tied up before I leave for vacation...so at least I can enjoy myself and not worry about the mess I left behind.  So, are the work gods messing with me?  I think there is a fairly good chance.

What made today "one of those days"?  Well I think that I have mentioned that I am working on an unusual scrapbook for a customer.  To me scrapbooks = pictures.  Lots of them.  The more the better as far as I am concerned.  Well, I learned a few months ago that not everyone agrees with me.  A very nice man asked me if I would be willing to scrapbook some every single piece of paper his son came into contact with during Kindergarten.  I finally managed to coax a few pictures out of him but not near enough for my liking.  So here I am with all the paper.  I had managed to organize the bulk of it...I had it in order and was just waiting for some page protectors to arrive in the mail.  They were expected to arrive today and I thought I would work on it during lunch.  I was getting out of the car this morning at work....cue the dramatic music.....and this is where things got really ugly.  I dropped the book and there were like 80+ sheets of loose paper flying all over the parking lot.  It was seriously windy this morning and within 45 seconds some of the paper was probably a good 100 yards away already.  Bless my coworker Mary and a couple of the truck drivers for helping me retrieve I believe everything.  Now if I just had a clue how to get it back in the order that it was in.  I firmly believe that this project is cursed. : )  Hopefully, this time next week when it has been delivered and no longer in my possession, I will be able to look back and laugh....but not now, not yet.  I am still more leaning towards crying over it.  I am particular about my work and can't imagine delivering something that I am not proud of.  So send those positive thoughts my way blog peeps...I am in the home stretch!


More on the vacation soon...but for tonight sleep well!

3 comments:

  1. Sending buckets of positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i literally GASPED when i read about the wind, the papers, the everything chaotic!
    that just SUCKS MAJOR ASS!

    sending TONS of positive thoughts, energy & mojo! you need 'em sweetie!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/2012/03/crafting-we-will-go.html

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!