Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Weekend to Recover from Last Weekend

Have you ever had a weekend scheduled that you just know is way too full?  That by the end of the weekend you are already going to be longing for the next Friday at 5 o'clock so that you can recover from the 48 + hours that just transpired?  Well that was me last Sunday at this time.

For those of you that follow my blog, you know that I am working on a scrapbook.  I have been working on it on and off since about May.  I originally got all the photos at the end of January, but had a really rough Spring health wise and didn't really start digging into it until the end of May.  At that time I gave myself a deadline of Oct 16th.  That will be Lindsey and Matt's one year anniversary.  It is an engagement/bridal/and wedding scrapbook.  I work best with a deadline - if you tell me no rush, you better mean it!  With the deadline looming I have kicked it into least I did last weekend.

Friday afternoon I rushed home and fed our crazy cat and packed up all my scrapping supplies and headed off to a friend's house to scrap.  She is one of the most creative ladies I know and can most always help me if I am stuck on a particular page - which I most definitely was.  I got past that block and moved on.  Before I knew it I looked up at the clock and is was 11 PM. 

Saturday morning I had a million errands to run and the day was culminating with a girlfriend's 40th birthday celebration in Dallas.  Melinda is one of my friend's from Louisiana and Denise is her best friend whom I used to work with at Pavestone.  I have blogged about them before, but they are truly awesome ladies that I am blessed to call friends!  We started the evening out at the bar at their hotel....

Melinda, Me and Denise

The Birthday Girl and I - the beginning of the allergy eye is evident - YUCK!

Denise and I
we had fun but soon headed out to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Addison. 
The whole gang outside of Pete's
The place was beyond packed but a lot of fun.  Not to put a downer on the evening, but by this time I had one serious case of allergy eye and could barely see out of my right eye....not to mention it was pretty painful.  For those of you that know me well, this is a pretty regular occurrence but always manages to happen at the most inopportune times - not that there is ever a great time.  Even though I wasn't feeling like a million bucks I was determined to make it to the last stop - S4 on Cedar Springs.  The first time that Denise and Melinda came to stay with me we had dinner at Cyclone Anaya's a great Mexican Restaurant in Dallas.  Afterwards, we really wanted to go dancing and the bartender told us that the best place around to go dance was S4.  It turned out that it was a gay bar (no, I haven't been keeping anything from you!!!), but we had the BEST time and met some really fun people.  Since we had such  a great time there before, this is where Melinda wanted to end her celebration.   By this time I was feeling pretty lousy but was determined to at least go in for a bit.  The highlight of the evening for me was watching from the sidelines as the dance floor erupted when Lady Gaga came over the speakers singing "Born this Way" - it was Gay Pride weekend people.  It was truly a sight to behold...LOL.  I arrived home exhausted shortly after 1 AM - I am getting old!

Sunday morning, brought another day of scrapping.  I was determined to be productive and arrived at another friend's house around 10 AM.....we ended up working on our books until almost 8 PM.  

Two pages from my productive day....

I ended up driving home in an insane storm - hail, strong winds on sideways rain.  To say I was frazzled when I arrived home would be an understatement.  So to incredibly packed weekend where no domestic chores were accomplished not the least of which was laundry and I pretty much had to play catch up all week with grocery shopping, picking up around the apartment and washing clothes.

This weekend was much easier to the grocery shopping done early on Saturday, Zachary had a soccer game in the afternoon and that was pretty much all that HAD to be done.  So with my pillow loudly kitchen is clean from a home cooked spaghetti dinner, lunches are packed and my project from work that has been in the works for what seems like forever is complete and has been emailed.  Didn't make much progress on the scrapbook, but I am still determined to make my deadline....I am 27 pages in and I am not giving up!

This was all I managed to accomplish this weekend on the scrapbook.
Hope you had a great weekend!


  1. In lieu of writing you a letter...I'm going to try posting again. (I did get your comments, by the way).

    Anyway, it is so nice finally getting to "meet you"! I hear so many great things about you and Ryan is definitely glad to have you as a coworker. I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you better. I'm impressed by your creative crafting and scrapbooking! And I love your header and profile pics. You're son is a cutie.

  2. Love ya Julie! Thanks for the shout out! I'm sorry you felt so horrible. It was great to see you as always. Let's talk soon!


I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!