I was tagged by fellow blogger Brianne from Briantics. I "met" Brianne when I was co-hosting the Sunday Snaps link up. A newborn photo of one of her sons was featured one week.
The purpose is just to share some random facts about yourself and then tag other bloggers so that they can get in on the action. So here goes....probably more than you ever wanted to know.....
1. Where were you born? Ft. Thomas, KY.....a perfect little town. Somedays, I wish that I still lived there, but honestly, I am a Texas girl at heart!
2. Were you named after someone? No, but I have a sneaky suspicion that my middle name has everything to do with the holidays - NOEL....two days after Christmas.
3. If you have children, how many do you have? I have a son. I can't remember life without him. He is twelve going on twenty five, but he keeps me on my toes and we laugh....a lot!
4. How many pets do I have? 2 cats - Jack, who makes me question my love of cats on a daily basis, and sweet Jessi who thanks to Jack probably wishes my parents had left her as an outdoor roaming stray (due to Jack's endless full body slams)
5. What was your worst injury? When I was just a baby my leg was broken and in a little cast. My leg got caught in a chair and when my dad went to pick me up it broke. I was already crying prior to it happening so they didn't realize it until about two or three days later when I was crawling with one leg in the air....What the What???
6. Do I have a special talent? Sadly.....I don't think that I do.
7. What's your favorite thing to bake? Ummmm....when God was handing out the baking (and coking for the matter) gifts, I slept through my alarm.
8. What's your favorite fastfood? Bean burritos from Taco Bueno with lots of jalapenos
9. Would I bungee jump? Maybe, if I was jumping with someone else and they forced us off the platform...not sure I could make myself do it alone. I feel the same way about skydiving. Something tells me that once I did it, I would absolutely love it though.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? For lack of a better description I would have to say their "vibe". Are they warm and inviting or do they come off as cold and standoffish. It is true what they say....you never have a second chance to make a first impression.
11. When was the last time I cried? OK....you got me. I cried watching The Biggest Loser last week. And honestly, that happens most weeks.
12. Any current worries? I have been consumed with finding a new place to live in the district where I want my son to go to junior high and high school....GULP!
13. Name three drinks you drink regularly. Water, Diet Coke (shame on me), wine
14. What is your favorite book? Same Kind of Different As Me (seriously moved me) and Bloom by Kelle Hampton
15. Would you like to be a pirate? I would have to say no
16. What are your favorite smells? Candles - white chocolate, cinnamon, Sensual Amber from Bath & Body Works, Perfume - Allure, Flower Bomb and Candy
17. Why do you blog? It started out as kind of an online journal and has now transformed into a place to showcase my scrapbooking. I have also been so blessed to meet many amazing women!
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Well, considering A Beautiful Day by U2 is my all time favorite song - hence the name of my blog, that one is a must. I guess really not very funeral worthy, but it would make anybody that really knew me smile.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I over analyze EVERYTHING. It is a horrible trait and I would do most anything to turn off that part of my brain. It not only drives me crazy, but those close to me as well.
20. What is your favorite hobby? Hands down scrapbooking. I just started getting into it about 6 years ago, but now I can honestly say that I am hooked. My son is twelve so that will kind of give you some idea of just how far behind I am.
21. What do you look for in a friend? Someone that is genuine and compassionate. Is willing to listen but also real enough to tell me when I am full of sh#t as well.
22. Name something you have done you never thought you would do. Have tattoos. I have wanted them for a really long time but never thought I would do it. Got my first one at 37...have three now and would love to get more.
23. What are your favorite things to do? Spend time with my son...I know that soon he is not going to want to have anything to do with his mom - he IS practically a teenager. Scrapbooking and hanging out with friends.
24. Any pet peeves? I hate it when people wait until the last minute to get over when the freeway is backed up - it is like they think that for some reason where they are trying to get to is so much more important than everyone else that is stuck in the same traffic. It burns me up and yes, road rage happens. Luckily, I am not packing heat...lol. I also hate it when people smack when they eat. There are no words to describe the things that run through my head when I am around that.
25. What's the last thing that made you laugh? My son....I don't know exactly what it was but he has a wicked little sense of humor and makes me laugh on a daily basis. I adore that about him!
And there you have it.......25 random tidbits of info about moi'! Thank you, Brianne for tagging me!
In return, I am tagging these fabulous ladies. Stop by their blogs.....you won't be disappointed!
Katie from Katie Stories
Kaeley from My Mind's Lens
Megan from The House of Martinez
Heather from Our Life In A Click
Becky from Fourth House on the Right
Mary Jo from Scrapbook Treehouse
Tracy from Tracy's Treasures
Cyn from The Racy Redhead
Sarah from Love Sarah K
Nicole from Three 31