Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Rare Saturday Evening Post

This was not one of those posts that I was talking about yesterday that I was planning, but here it is none the less. Today started early with a short, but really COLD walk down to the workout room.  My 3rd workout for week 2 of my Couch Potato to 5K didn't go so great on Thursday.  So as suggested on the website I repeated it last night in hopes that I would get through it feeling strong and ready to tackle the next phase.  SUCCESS!!!  This morning I just took a brisk almost two mile walk and although I am a bit sore, I am feeling really good and ready to hit the ground running on Monday morning with Phase 3 - will probably just walk again tomorrow.  I have discovered that for me it is virtually impossible to get through one of the sessions without a really great play list.  If you have fun, upbeat music playing it is next to impossible to give up.  I am sure in another week or two I will have to change it up a bit, but for now it is working!

I took my mom out for lunch for her birthday (about a week early).  Zachary is with his dad this weekend and since my mom and I don't get out for girl time nearly enough,  we took advantage of the opportunity.  Not like anything could top last year, but I surprised her by inviting two of her girlfriends and we had a great time.

Mom and her friend Laine

Karen, Me and Mom

The Whole Gang
As I am typing this post, I am cozy in a booth at Panera.  Weekends without my boy are rough, and I wondered if a change of scenery might be good for me.  It is not too crazy here on Saturday night, there is nice music playing and I am blogging away - I like it.  The majority of the time, I have a million things on the calendar, but on those rare occasions that I don't, this might become a favorite place to blog.  Just thought I would share.  Lord, I hope that doesn't sound pathetic!  But I am doing something that I love, with a bit of change of scenery.  Maybe it would sound a little less pathetic if it wasn't Saturday night...lol.  Oh well, it is what it is, and I am loving it!

Tomorrow is going to be filled with scrapbooking (and laundry).  I am on a deadline and time is running short.  I am praying that once I sit down tomorrow that I will be inspired.   Positive thoughts coming my way would be greatly appreciated.  I am also hoping I can resist the call of "Sons of Anarchy".....I wish that I had never thought to look for it on Netflix - I have officially been sucked in...damn it!!!!!

Hope that you are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!