Thursday, April 18, 2013

Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories: April 2013



I cannot thank my contributors enough. Without Katie, Megan and Kaeley these last few weeks my little blog would have been nothing but a barren wasteland.  My move has definitely been kicking my rear...although I thought it would be great having the better part of two months to complete a move, I have realized that it has just prolonged what is a horrible chore no matter how you look at it.  On a positive note, the end is definitely in sight.  I have a few more things to get out of my old apartment this weekend, but I am determined to have it emptied and cleaned by the end of the weekend.  The new place is coming along very nicely - things are coming together, but there is still quite a ways to go....hoping to make good progress here as well this weekend and I promise by the first part of next week to share a few photos.  Surprisingly, I haven't lost but a few followers so a huge thank you to those of you that are sticking by me...things will improve - I promise!

And now, let's move on to Katie.  It is that time again - time for:

Photobucket


Katie has just completed a big move herself.  She and her fiance AJ are new transplants to Baton Rouge, LA...moving all the way from Chicago, IL.  Katie manages to capture all events - big or small and her most recent move is no exception!  I am just crazy for this layout documenting their big drive....take it away, Katie!

Wow. I can't believe the last time I was here we were still living in Chicago, and our things were packed up in a truck headed down to Louisiana.

And now here we are, in Louisiana.

Mostly unpacked, getting used to our new surroundings, trying to find a decent nail salon and a grocery store that sells thin cut chicken cutlets.

But before we could get here and get unpacked, we needed to drive.

And I, of course, made a layout about it!


There are two things I love about this layout, you know, besides the story it tells.


I love that I got to use my Cricut Destinations cartridge (above) and I love the stickers that I found in Hobby Lobby (below).


In fact, these stickers inspired the entire layout - I knew I'd document our trip, but I wasn't sure what it would look like until I saw these stickers. But for some reason (I think it was the arrows) I really wanted to make a 2-page layout once I saw them!

What inspires you when you are creating a layout?

14 comments:

  1. What a great way to show your move!! I love the papers and the cricut destinations titles!! So cool!! Yay for both of you being moved in (you almost Jules!!) and settling down in new spaces!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was fun to break out the cricut and a whole bunch of paper!

      Delete
  2. Julie - So glad there is an end in sight for you!
    One of my best friends is in the process of moving right now and she says it has been one of the most stressful times in her live ever!

    Katie - I love how you got photos of the different state signs as you drove through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I can't take credit for the pictures, that's all AJ. I was driving for almost every state line, so AJ had to take all the pictures. He did a great job!

      Delete
  3. Julie you are right, moving is a horrible chore. Ha! So glad you have an end in sight though!!

    Katie this layout is AWESOME!! I love the arrows, the destinations lettering, the photos, everything! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I think the arrows are my favorite part :) I really have been into arrows lately, they are all over my project life pages too!

      Delete
  4. So happy for you that you are almost complete with your move :)
    Next weekend you can relax :)

    Katie, great layout as always. Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! AJ even helped take the photos this time!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are almost done with your move, Julie. From someone who has moved pretty much annually for the last 5 years, I know what a huge pain it can be. You will be so relieved to be done!!

    This layout is super cute, too. Gosh...I need to get back to scrapbooking :( Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you can get back to scrapping soon!

      Delete
  6. Thanks! I don't often break mine out, but for this layout, and that cartridge, it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that your move is coming to an end Julie! Moving is such a stressful endeavor, but you are almost there :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!