Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Happy Weekend, Everyone!  It has been one of those weeks....super busy and just haven't been motivated to come home and get in front of the computer after going 90 to nothing all day long.  But enough of the negative.  I am here now.  My "to-do" list for the weekend is a mile long and I am planning on attacking it with gusto just as soon as I finish this post - even though the post IS on the list. 

Today is a special day.  There will most likely be no celebrating other than maybe a nice dinner out, but that makes the event (especially in this day and age) no less momentous.  My parents are celebrating their 44th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!!  These days marriages come and go with sometimes barely a thought of the commitment made or the broken vows, and that makes me even more in awe of my parents and their love for each other.  Making the duration of their union even more incredible is the fact that they were both pretty much babies when they married.  My parents value their privacy so I am not going to go into a bunch of detail, but they have been through a lot.  Through good times and bad, and especially through sickness and health, they have stuck together.  Their love and admiration for each other is evident and thinking about it truly makes my heart sing!  I am so blessed to have these two amazing people as my parents.  I love you both more than you can ever know!  Happy 44th Anniversary...and many more!

My parents at my my mom's 60th birthday party
Mark my words...I will be back before the end of the weekend - I have more to say, but that list is screaming to be tackled, so I have to get to it.  Enjoy your Saturday!

2 comments:

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!