Monday, June 11, 2012

A Good Weekend & Prayers for Lucy

Good evening!  I told you that you would hear from me before the weekend was out.  I am sure by the time I post it will be Monday, but can I get an "A" for effort???

It was a good weekend.  Was there anything over the top exciting....resoundingly no!  However, productiveness was at an all time high.  Not only did I get just about everything done on my "to-do" list, but my sweet boy was in a great mood, and even pitched in with chores today.  I was amazed and it was a good day!

There were other things on my mind to post about tonight, but right before I started this post I read about Lucy.  You can read her story at Three Kids, a Mini Van and a Mortgage.  Lucy has been battling cancer for 18 months.  Her family has recently been notified that the cancer is back and there is nothing more that can be done.  Lucy is a beautiful little girl and her mother says that she brings joy to all that meet her.  If you are of the praying sort, please say an extra prayer for sweet Lucy and her family.  Their hearts are breaking and they are going through things that no family should ever have to endure. 

Little Lucy
This is one of the things that I love about blogging....people from all over can reach out and lift this little girl and her family up in prayers. Do I know them personally, no, I do not but I do believe in the power of prayer and what it can accomplish.

Sorry to be a downer, just reading things like that reminds me to never take a moment with my son for granted.  No matter whether they are still snuggling in your lap or quickly approaching their teens....hold them just a little tighter, count your blessings and never pass up a chance to tell them that you love them.  Good night....I am off to snuggle with mine.

5 comments:

  1. Is she the cutest or what? Prayer is a powerful medicine, thanks Julie for alerting us to the need for Lucy...I'm totally with you on the hold 'em while you can mama-zone. xo
    *anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers lifted! Good to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newly TExas Blogger friend-- saying prayers-- Cancer is such an ugly thing and sad. My heart goes out to little Lucy and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the power of prayer. Every parents nightmare. Thank you for posting Lucy's story so that we can help in prayers also.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!