Thursday, April 28, 2011

No Apologies, It Ended In a Tie and Cherished Friends

 
I guess I could start this post out by once again apologizing that it has been way too long since my last post. But guess what? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I imagined when I finally created this blog (I had been thinking about it for months), that is was going to be a fun little outlet for me to share, vent or maybe just make random observations. No pressure, just post when I feel it. Well in theory that sounds perfect, but anyone that knows anything about me knows that I am famous for putting pressure on myself and setting insane expectaions. I can honestly say that I have never been busier or felt more pressure at my job....even though I still love it. I don't think that I have ever been as sickly as I have been the last two and a half months...still can't shake this cough. And finally, I am just plain worn out. So, no excuses - no apologies. I will post when I am inspired and when the urge to write overcomes the welcoming voice of my pillow beckoning me to call it a night. Many nights the pillow winds by a landslide!
 

When I said that I have been busy at work, I was not exaggerating for effect.  This was the state of my cubicle for most of the day, and unfortunately it didn't look much better when I left.
My son's final soccer game of the season was Saturday morning - 10:10 to be exact....we can leave out the part where I was convinced that it was late Saturday afternoon and that was what my whole day was planned around. This is his fourth season to play and I believe the light bulb has finally gone off...not just for him, but I think a large portion of the team. Things finally started to click on the field and there were actually big portions of the season where the boys were working as a team. They had a great coach - she doesn't take things too seriously, at the same time teaching but firm when she needs to be. He is at that age where if you give an inch he'll take a mile, and she was just what those boys needed (Mrs. Dawn also happens to be his PE teacher).  Although the game ended in a tie, it was a really great season and I hope that Zachary will stick with it. Way to go Patriots!
 


 
On Good Friday, I received a text from a girlfriend from Louisiana - OK Melinda, here is your fifteen minutes I hope you are reading LOL!  She was in town and wanted to know if I was around.  Hello, I jumped at the chance to see her!  Let me give you a bit of background.  I have another amazing friend from Louisiana and she is the one that introduced Melinda and I.  Denise worked for Pavestone and was the rep for our East TX / Louisiana territory.  I had instant connections with both of them and just knew that no matter what they were always going to be amazing women in my life.  OK back to Melinda.  I met her, her sister and her three girls for lunch.  We had not seen each other in well over a year....probably closer to two.  And I am ashamed to say we hadn't talked that much either.  I sat down and we picked up again just like we had talked the week before.  It was a great visit and I am so thankful to have been able to spend even a short time catching up in person.  She and Denise live close to each other so they see each other frequently - I am the wicked step sister in TX that never gets to go to the ball!!  I am jealous but not in a psycho kind of way, but more of a completely healthy envious way for the friendships that I could continue to grow if only I was closer.  I forgot to mention that they are two of the funniest people that I have ever met - no, not funny looking, funny as in your stomach will hurt from constant laughter after spending any length of time with them.  I am truly blessed to call them friends, and vow to do better at staying in touch....love you both!!!!!
 
Me, Denise and Melinda August 2009 Chill in Grapevine - how I love these ladies!

Me and Melinda April 2011

My pillow is now doing some serious beckoning.  Good night and have a fabulous weekend!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Jules! You're such a sweet little nut! Kisses....see you SOON! Get your ballgown ready! ;-)
    Melin

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!