Thursday, June 20, 2013

Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories: June 2013

Katie is here today for the June installment of Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories.  I always love to see her latest layout and she never disappoints!  As you will see below, she is a die hard baseball fan and really those are the very best kind of fans.  On a side note,  from a very reliable source I hear that Katie may very well be visiting The Lone Star State - I can hardly stand it!!!!  Stay tuned for more details.....


Photobucket

Its June (already!) Which means baseball season is in full swing!

Of course, my team isn't very good consistent. And unfortunately, more often than not, amazing wins are followed by loooong losing streaks.

But, that doesn't stop me from loving baseball season! And catching a game whenever, wherever I can.

And, of course, being at the game calls for a layout! Sometimes though, I don't want to do (one of my) traditional baseball layouts (like this one and this one).

So even though I was scrapping a baseball game, I broke out the Halloween paper...


I love the stars, because they so remind me of looking up in the middle of a night game. And even though its not decked out in team colors, pennants, logos and mascots - I'm super happy with my not-so-traditional (for me) baseball layout!

Do you ever get stuck in a box for repeated events? Or do you like to jump outside of it!

10 comments:

  1. I do get stuck in boxes (let me out!) for certain layouts. I love this Halloween paper for a night game!! I see AJ is representin'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, run out of the supplies you want and you will be forced out of the box! That's what happened to me earlier in the day, then I was boxless for the rest of the afternoon! Thank you - Halloween paper is my favorite! AJ's always rocking the Philly gear in some way...Drexel, Phillies, both!

      Delete
  2. Cute layout and great halloween paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photo of the two of you!
    And great idea for going out of the box.
    I have that paper, so need to remember this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this paper - it is one of my favorites! I actually bought the paper pack twice!

      Delete
  4. What a great way to use Halloween paper! Great idea Katie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am such a fan of Halloween paper, I have way more than I could ever use for Halloween! And I always buy more every October :)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha, we are Mets (me) and Phillies (AJ). We did go to Wrigley a total of 4 times, but only US Cellular once :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great layout. I would never have guessed this paper was meant for Halloween.
    So creative Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!