Thursday, November 15, 2012

Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories: November Edition

Katie is here today for her November installment of Third Thursday Scrapbook Stories. 


I am always excited to see what she comes up with.   Katie is eagerly anticipating her October 2013 wedding to her sweetheart AJ and she is scrapping every step of the way....

*****************************************************************************
Hi everyone!

Can you believe it has been a month since I was last here?! This year just seems to be flying by. Thanksgiving is just one week away! I am still in shock about that!

This also means that our October 2013 wedding is getting closer and closer.

Suddenly, many things that I thought were "in the future" have seemed much more urgent.

One of those things was registering. AJ and I had plans to register during one of Macy's Sip and Scan events a few times this summer, but something always came up.

Finally, in October, all the stars aligned and we were able to get to Macy's and get our registry started!

Of course, I had to make a scrapbook page about it for our engagement scrapbook (you can see more of the layouts for this book here). For this scrapbook, I've been using all divided page protectors.

The divided page protectors have been a huge life saver! They make it so easy to put together the pages, and they create a lot of continuity throughout the entire scrapbook.

 
Aside from using page protectors, another tip I want to point out is "Registry Item Review" in the center. I really wanted to include this page from Macy's in our book, but didn't like the way the white page looked. IT seemed too stark in contrast with the blue paper I'd used for the title and journaling.

To fix this, I used my printer to photocopy the original page onto a piece of printer paper. Then, I taped the patterned paper over the words I wanted to copy, reloaded the paper and copied again. This time, the words were printed right onto my pattern paper, which I put into the scrapbook!

Journaling: On Friday, Oct. 12, we went to Macy's for their Sip & Scan event. Macy's has a dj, vendors, food and mocktails set up on the wedding registry floor. It was a fun way to start our registry.
We did a lot, but we were not able to finish our registry that night. Some of the vendors were a little too pushy. We put some things on our list just to please them (aka. make them leave us alone!) We removed those items as soon as we got home! Also, we found the dj to be too loud. We registered for 2 sets of china b/c we could hear each other to discuss them!
All in all, it was a fun evening and I'm glad our registry is on its way!

Well, that is all for me today! Thank you Jules for sharing your space with me again :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll leave you all with a question...

Did you create a scrapbook dedicated to a special time in your life that isn't "normally" scrapped? If you haven't, what time would you have liked to document?
****************************************************************************

Have you entered?  My 200 Follower Giveaway is running now through Wednesday, November 21st at midnight.  Don't miss out on over $100 worth of prizes.

3 comments:

  1. Fun page! I love that you are documenting all the little things leading up to the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divided page protectors can be such a life saver, can't they?? I love the little word bubble over AJ's head :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those divided page protectors-and that shot of the scanners is awesome. Chuck and I had a blast using those things (15!! years ago). LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!