Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Randomness: Rants & A Couple of Great Raves

Before really getting into this post, I am going to apologize.  As I mentioned in my last post, I am having a really hard time lately focusing on any one subject in particular (adult onset ADD perhaps?).  Which in turn has led me not to post because I can't organize everything that is swimming around in my head into one topic.  But never fear, I have decided to just let it all (or at least a good bit of it) out in one post.  I will however, do my best to at least use paragraphs to separate my thoughts so it willl hopefully be a bit easier to follow along.

For those of you that don't know, I live in North TX.  We are having unseasonably warm weather and for the record, I don't like it one bit.  With temperatures in the 60s, 70s and almost 80s a day or two, it is not boding well for what we are going to get this summer.  For those of you that live in places where temperatures are in the 20s, 30s and maybe lower, you are probably thinking "stop your belly aching".  But trust me when I say that I would trade places with you in a heartbeat!  Winter is supposed to be frigid temperatures, snow, bundling up, fires in the fireplaces.....NOT flip flops and shorts.  People, it is just ridiculous!  Here ends my mini rant on the TX "winter" weather.

I am not a fan of AT&T.  Please understand - it has nothing to do with the actual service and everything to do with the CUSTOMER SERVICE (or lack thereof).  I have had them for high speed DSL for over a year and I would say out of that time, my bill may have been correct about 6 times.  The CSRs that I would deal with were generally nice and seemingly sympathetic to my issues, but after assuring me that next month everything would be correct, I would once again receive a crazy bill the next month.  There was rarely any documentation on the conversation that took place the month before.  Last week, I had had enough....after being transferred to six - yes six, different people all of whom I had to retell my entire story to as well as all of my pertinent information...I cancelled them and their jacked up nonsense.  Although we have been making do with limited internet since then, I truly feel like a weight has been lifted.  Silly I know, but true none the less.  This has been much more difficult for my son than it has been for me, but hopefully, barring any unforeseen circumstances we will be up and running sometime on Saturday!

Zachary is playing indoor soccer this season.  As a mom I can in all honesty say that he has drastically improved since he started playing a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, his team is really struggling.  Only four of them have ever played together.  Trust me, it is not for lack of trying that they aren't winning.  They are genuinely giving it everything they have, but sadly falling a little short.  The games so far have been really close and I am just crossing my fingers that things will turn around.

I mentioned last week that I was working on a huge scrapbook - well, I am also concurrently working on a smaller , but much more difficult scrapbook.  Difficult because there are very few pictures and an abundance of Kindergarten artwork and school papers.  I have never done a scrapbook like this before and am frequently wondering if I will be happy with it once I figure out what exactly to do with it.  I gave myself a deadline last week, so the pressure is definitely on.  I think it will make my long weekend away much more enjoyable if I do not have this scrapbook hanging over me.......

Which brings me to my little weekend away.  I have two dear girlfriends that I originally met through work.  Although we no longer work together, I have stayed in touch and close to both of them through the years.  I am the lone single old lady of the group, but I really love these ladies!  We had been throwing around a "Girls Weekend" for well over a year and finally the planets have all aligned! lol  Drumroll please......we are spending St. Patrick's Day weekend in CHICAGO!!!!!  None of us has ever been before and we are so looking forward to celebrating the SPD festivities in Chi-town!  Stay tuned for future posts!

Megan, Jennifer and I -Cabo San Lucas 2009.  The next day we celebrated Megan's wedding!
I am one of those strong believers that everything happens for a reason.  I don't know how to describe this expect to say that I have a guardian angel of sorts watching over me.....praying for me and VERY gently pushing in the direction that she knows (and I know as well, but for some reason am pushing back), that I need to go.  As I type this I pray that she does not give up on me.  She is an amazing, Godly woman and I am so blessed to have her in my life - I can never express to her how grateful I am for everything that she has done and continues to do in my life.

Penny and I celebrating my birthday
OK, how was that for ALL over the map???  Maybe next post I will be a little more focused, now that I have all that randomness off my chest.  Thanks for baring with me til the end and enjoy the rest of your work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!